I recently took a trip to Ottawa to attend my cousin’s wedding and decided to stay for a week to explore and enjoy some family time. I haven’t been back to Ottawa for 5-6 years now, so a lot has changed. One of the things I loved doing while I was there was taking long walks by the beautiful river along side the city. If you are into biking, there are bike rentals and plenty of bike routes for you to explore the city as well. This trip was definitely a foodie adventure (like all my trips lol). I had brunch every day and tons of coffee, my cousin made sure to bring me to all the different coffee shops in town. At the end of my trip, I got to spend half a day at the most beautiful spa called Nordick Spa. There were many different sauna and steam rooms and an amazing infinity pool that overlooks the city
If you ever visit the city, here are some of my recommendations:
· Art is in – great place for brunch. Fresh bread!
· Riveria – feels like NY Upper East side brunch spot.
· New Generation – amazing SUSHI!!!
· Shoreclub – gotta come here for happy hours! $1 oysters
· Shawarma Palace – the best Middle Eastern food
· Beaverstail – so good!
· Mooshu Ice cream – fresh waffle cone!
· Stella Luna Gelato Cafe – best spot for gelato
· Equator Coffee Westboro
· Bridgehead – organic coffee
· The ministry of coffee & social affair
· Arlington Five
Areas to explore:
· Byward Market
· Landsdown Park