Aloha! Have you been to Hawaii? I’ve been to the Oahu island several times, but this was the shortest trip, 2 nights & 3 days. This time around I didn’t have to do any planning since the BOYS planned a short trip for the ladies as our Valentines gift! Yay for us girls!
I stayed at one of the best hotels on the Wakiki strip, Westin Moana Surfrider. Every morning, I got to wake up to a gorgeous view of the beach which I’m still obsessing over. Oh and the spa at the hotel is seriously the best! I spent two mornings chilling at the sauna & steam room which oversees the beautiful beach, it was so peaceful & relaxing. After a relaxing morning, the bf and I rented mopeds (looks similar to a motorcycle but doesn’t require a motorcycle license). In the beginning, I was scared but so glad I did it. The view is just breathtaking while cruising along the coast. I didn’t participate in any water activity this time, but I did explore a couple of amazing places.
Here are some places that I visited & highly recommend:
1. Lanikai Beach – if you’re looking for that clear blue water, this is your beach! It is in my opinion the best beach on the Island.
2. Halona Blowhole and Beach Cave
3. Spitting Cave
4. Makapu’u Lighthouse Trail – It was a sunny & humid afternoon so I didn’t make it to the lighthouse. FAIL.
Here were all the food places I tried:
1. Sweet Home Cafe – Shabu Shabu
2. Helena’s Hawaiian Food – First time having authentic Hawaiian food, but I didn’t get to eat much since I’m a Pescatarian.
3. Shaka Shaka – fresh blended fruit juice. The passion fruit juice tastes so good!
4. Heavenly – brunch spot. The decor is on point but the food that I ordered tasted just mediocre.
5. Beachhouse at the Moana – it’s located inside the hotel that I stayed. Food was on point!
6. Kona Coffee Purveyor – coffee and pastries are amazing.
7. Island Village Coffee – great place to grab coffee & breakfast. ACAI bowl!
8. Punchbowl Cafe Truck – found a cute coffee truck while cruising on the moped along the coast.
9. MoDo Hawaii – for some mochi donuts!
10. Liliha Bakery – really good coco puffs and mochi donuts!
Oh Hawaii, you were great and I can’t’ wait to be back!